At HireVue we are proud to claim Utah as our birthplace. We believe Utah is a great state to live and work. If you are looking for the secret sauce that allures people to live here, look no further. Here are our top 10 reasons why you should live and work in Utah:
1. Start-Up Central - Want to work for a start-up company? There's no need to move to San Francisco. Utah has a thriving start-up community. Some companies who are showing incredible growth and top-notch technology are: HireVue, AtTask, Domo, Instructure, Qualtrics, and InsideSales to name a few.
2. Education - Utah has a large selection of Universities that carry a great reputation. University of Utah, Brigham Young University, and Utah State University are all leading schools that produce amazing talent. Want some fun-filled rivalry? Pick a team and join in the "Holy War" that ensues every football season between UofU and BYU.
4. Food Trucks - Seriously, they are everywhere. You can't drive around the city without stumbling upon a waffle truck parked outside your local credit union. Multiple apps, websites, and Facebook pages are devoted to sharing the whereabouts of these scrumptious meals on wheels. One of our favorites at the office is Cupbop Korean BBQ.
5. Mountains - Utah is surrounded by mountains. Everywhere you look you will see these majestic rocks jutting up into the sky. Don't be surprised if you catch yourself staring out the window in a mindless wonder. They're that cool.
6. Sundance Film Festival - Want to catch a glimpse of your favorite celebrity? Just stroll down Park City main street during the Sundance Film Festival and you'll have a blast trying to photobomb all the famous people you stumble upon.
8. National Parks - Snow's not your thing? No worries! Only a 3-4 hour drive south of Salt Lake is home to five national parks that showcase red rock spires, deep canyons, and natural arches. Put on your hiking shoes and spend endless hours exploring these beautiful parks.
9. Large Running and Biking Community - If you are an avid runner or biker, Utah will fulfill your endorphin-high seeking needs. With running races ranging from 200 mile relay races through mountains, to marathons, to local charity 5K's, there is always a race going on somewhere. Bikers can also engage in grueling races across Utah and through vast mountain ranges.
10. Killer Music Scene - Many famous bands originated in Utah. Ever heard of Imagine Dragons or Neon Trees? We know how to send people to the big leagues. Also, every summer in SLC Pioneer Park hosts the Twilight Concert Series which features artists such as Beck and The Wu Tang Clan.
There you have it. Our top reasons why you should move to Utah. Did we miss something? Tell us what else you believe should have made the list in the comments below.