The soft sound of mariachi music serenaded all Vuers who entered the collaboration area for our Cinco De Mayo celebration yesterday. A large spread of enchiladas, Spanish rice, chili verde, and salsa entered our stomachs and satisfied our hunger.
With bellies fed we started our Cinco de Mayo "Fact or Crap" trivia game. See how well you know your 5th of May trivia by reading these facts below:
- Cinco de Mayo is NOT Mexican Independence Day
- The world's largest Cinco de Mayo celebration takes place in Los Angeles, CA
- The Margarita was not invented during Cinco de Mayo
- Cinco de Mayo commemorates the Battle of Puebla where Mexico defeated the French
- Cinco de Mayo became popular in the 50's & 60's to improve relations with Latin American countries
After a rousing game of trivia we got out the big sticks (literally) as we started on our pinata. Many valiant souls came to the pinata to try and knock out its contents.
Obviously we had to wear HireVue branded super hero capes to whack the pinata. It gives you super human strength. Oumar decapitated the poor thing and eventually the pinata burst open and candy and gift cards splattered the floor.
Thanks to all Vuers who came and participated. All our events wouldn't be half as great without the amazing team members who come and support office activities.